Friday, June 15, 2018

Whatever happened to Sunday evening services?


Hello!

I have to tell you:  I love church! I could go all day, every day! Mostly, I go Sundays. Sunday mornings...    

"Back in the day," the 7th day or Day of Rest began with Sunday School. Morning worship came next. Like clockwork, there was a singing engagement for the young adult choir at other churches after lunch. YPHA, in addition to an evening service, occurred once a month... 

Somewhere along the line, churches began to get out of Sunday morning services promptly at 12:00 P.M., or shortly thereafter. And, they began to drop evening services altogether...

I can't help but wonder. Did we become too busy to go to church twice a day on Sundays, or what? I didn't. As a matter of fact, I worked part-time in retail on Sundays in the Shenandoah Valley partly for that very reason. What I had become accustomed to no longer existed. At least not to the extent that it had before...

Does dwindling church attendance reflect a lack of a biblical worldview on our parts? I prefer to refer to it as a biblical worldview rather than a Christian worldview because Christian worldview can mean so many different things to different people. A biblical worldview is more conclusive...

George Barna found that only 10% of professing Christians have a biblical worldview! Would lack of church attendance have any bearing on the dismal results? Possibly. Probably. Let me put it another way. It does not help! So, what are we going to do about it?  

We must become aggressive, with a capital 'a,' in bringing the Kingdom of Heaven to earth! We must be discipled, and disciple!   

Alright; now, let's go!  

God bless 'ya!

Happy Father's Day! 

Angela
#EvenGreaterThings
#TheKingIsComing

NOTE:  I Adorned You [digital magazine] is coming your way, whenever!

ALV & Co., "The Gold Standard!"
"I am a king and a priest unto thee..." Revelation 1:6

Angela L Vann, Ms   |   Far Above Rubies   |   O My Dove   

*Like this? Gifts are accepted at Google Pay! Thaaaaank you!


Privacy Regarded

  

No comments:

Post a Comment