Friday, May 24, 2019

A deeper meaning of bless




Hello!

I hear people say "Have a blessed day!" a lot. Maybe not as much as they used to; but still, often.

I have been known to say "Blessings!" myself, occasionally. 

Somewhere along the line, I began to sound rote - to my own ears!

I started to wonder. Do we really know the meaning of bless, or are we just following religious tradition?

Per a Google search, the Old English translation of bless is based on the word blood. It means "to mark, or consecrate [my emphasis added] - with blood!" 

Lord. Have. Mercy. 

I thought I knew the meaning of bless; but apparently I did not, just like a whole lot of other people I'll bet! 

Blessed is first used in Genesis 1:22, 28 [KJV]. God blessed Adam and Eve, giving them instructions on what to do in the garden. 

Blessed is used again in Genesis 2:3 [KJV]. God set aside the seventh day as a day of rest.   

Throughout Genesis [KJV], God continues to bless people. And in Genesis 14:20 [KJV], Abram blesses God and gives him tithes of all for delivering his enemies into both his and God's hands.

To bless is a form of honor. It is being consecrated by the blood. It is being set aside for the noblest of purposes; and that is, to be used of God. 

As we celebrate Memorial Day this weekend, take a few minutes to pause and reflect. The freedom that we so carelessly at times enjoy is sealed by the blood of the lamb [Revelation 7:14, and 12:11 KJV].  

I pray that this great nation of ours will be used by God, at home and abroad. I pray that We The People of this great nation of ours will be used by God also. 

This country is here for "such a time as this [Esther 4:14 KJV]." We are here for "such a time as this" too.    

God loves, loves, loves you! 

"Happy Memorial Day!"

Shalom!

Angela
#ADeeperMeaningOfBless
#EvnGreaterThings
#BibleGateway

*Translations and scriptures; if used, are taken from Bible Gateway!

ALV & Co., "The Gold Standard!"

Like this? Gifts are accepted at Google Pay! Thaaaaank you!


Privacy Regarded

  


No comments:

Post a Comment